Cerica was reviewed in Hificritic.com web-magazine by Paul Messenger who is perhaps the most legendaric editor of all time. Paul was very enthustiatic about Cerica and gave her "recommended product" -label. Following remarks are picked from the text:
- One of the more striking features of the Cerica´s sound is its very precise and tightly focused imaging.
- Impressive though the imaging is, however, it's arguably only possible due to this speaker's exceptional time-coherence and neutrality, which to these ears are the two factors most responsible for this design's considerable success.
- The performance of the enclosure is also most impressive, ensuring very low cabinet coloration and a wide dynamic range.
- This speaker could be driven to quite high levels without tending to sound aggressive, which is quite an achievement in view of its open balance and full presence output.
- The shape of the Cerica is very attractive yet also decidedly unusual.
- This is truly exceptional loudspeaker, sonically as well as aesthetically.
- Cerica deserves enthusiastic recommendation.
When Spirit beats Materia
The Aurelia Cerica is an example of how new solutions are envisioned, even when these don’t even exist yet. The Cerica is a tour de force of intuition, combined with skill and easily compares to any loudspeaker of its size at any price.
Similar technical methods are used in the Cerica as with her bigger sister, the Graphica, but at a more compact size. The Cerica is an acoustically symmetric 2-way speaker, where the lower frequencies (below 1.5 kHz) are reproduced by two DDC Isomatrix-bass units and the upper frequencies (over 1.5 kHz) respectively by a Cylinder Source Radiator-tweeter system which behaves like ribbon unit.
The Cerica forms the sound waves, so that the most important frequencies are progressed to the listener as a cylindrical form. This significantly diminishes reflections from the floor and ceiling. With this, the sound reaching the listener is cleaner and the phase behavior is closer to the original performance than when reproduced with traditional speakers. Thus, the illusion of a live-concert feeling is literally tangible with the Cerica. In addition, the dynamics and depth of the sound represents the best quality of its size.
The clean and dazzling sound of the Cerica has widely amazed both enthusiasts and professionals. In addition, the Cerica is a visually very tempting loudspeaker. The integrated stand makes the Cerica look both sturdy and very delicate.
Aurelia Cerica – What more could you expect?
Operating principle 2-way vented
Tweeter waveguide 3 x 1” titanium, CSR waveguide
Woofer 2 x 5,25” DDC Isomatrix
Crossover point 1 500 Hz
Impedance 8 ohm
Sensitivity dB/W/m 87 dB
Frequency response 40…20 000 Hz
Power recommendation 20…200 W
Dimensions h x d x w 545 x 350 x 145 mm
Weight 15 kg